Delphi® is one of the most respected and widely used Rapid Application Development (RAD) environments today. Over 1.7 million developers worldwide choose Delphi over other tools because Delphi radically speeds desktop, workstation, touch, kiosk, and Web application development without sacrificing an ounce of programming power or control. Applications built with Delphi are lightning fast, compact, provide rich UIs, and can connect with virtually any database or data source “out-of-the-box”.
RAD Studio 2010 helps you go further and get there faster with more than 120 new and enhanced features that help you finish projects faster and reach more users. New and enhanced features include:
- New and enhanced tools for coding, debugging and compiling in the IDE:
- IDE Insight for easy access to features, settings and components
- Code formatter
- Debugger data visualizers
- Multi-thread debugging
- Background compilation
- C++ Class Explorer
- Rapidly build touch-based GUI, tablet, touchpad and kiosk applications
- 30+ included gestures and create your own
- Works on Windows 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7
- Easily touch enable existing apps
- On screen touch keyboard
- Make the connection with more data and more application architectures
- Firebird database connectivity
- Updated drivers for Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL
- DataSnap callbacks, filtering, HTTP, REST and JSON support
Come to this exciting event and learn more about the latest product offerings from Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies was recently in Portland for the Delphi 2009 launch and is focusing on groups that have not been visited in a while. David Cornelius attended the Sacramento Delphi User Group in December, saw the presentation, and requested a copy of the materials for the Oregon group which he will share at this meeting. The same information, the same demo programs, the same slide show will be presented as was seen at that meeting.
David Cornelius has been developing software since the mid-80's. He is the coordinator of the Oregon Delphi User Group and works full time as a programmer in Beaverton at Retail Dimensions. On the side, he runs Cornelius Concepts building Windows applications.
This presentation will be shown in the meeting room of the Round Table Pizza in Milwaukie. The address is:
16550 SE McLoughlin