Debugging your applications is an old topic. But there are always new tricks to be learned. One product that can go a long way in trouble-shooting is CodeSite by Raize Software.
One member, David Cornelius, has been a long-time user and proponent of CodeSite and will share his expertise with the group. Even though this product has been out for a while, he still get requests once in a while on how to use CodeSite effectively. And since an "express" version of the product now ships with RAD Studio, more people are using this tool.
Some of the features that will be discussed include:
- Displaying a variety of data types
- Using colors to quickly locate key debug lines
- Differences between the full and express versions
- How to export information in records
- Saving debug output to a file
- Multi-threaded debugging
- How to use CodeSite with Visual Studio
- Using templates to quickly add debugging to your code
We will be meeting at a new location, this one with an official meeting room. It's located in Tigard:
Fanno Creek Brew Pub
12562 Main Street
Tigard, OR 97223
(503) 624 9400